Hiren’s creators made everything simple for us, when you hit the Ghost option in the HBCD menu | Programs you will see the following error:
File Misssing: HBCD\WinTools\Files\Ghost32.uhaThe error message above give a big hint on what is missing, where is the files supposed to be and what utility to use. Follow step below if you have no clue on how create the .uha file and create the new ISO boot image.
use HBCDCustomizer.exe and add your files.
To create Ghost32.uha import into your Customized BootCD follow these steps:
- Go to the folder where your files original Hiren ISO files were extracted and click on HBCDCustomizer.exe.
- Click on Extract ISO
- ISO file contents will be completely extracted into a folder called “MyBootCD” in your root or C: Drive.
- Create folder called c:\ghost or anything you like.
- Copy C:\MyBootCD\CD\HBCD\uharc.exe and ghost32.exe to C:\ghost or the folder you created.|
- Open up CMD screen. (Start \ Run \ type CMD and hit enter)
- In the black CMD or dos prompt browse to that folder.
- -- cd \ >> change directory to root or C:\
- -- cd ghost >> to change directory to c:\ghost
- -- you should see 2 files if you type dir command (uharc.exe and ghost32.exe)
- -- type uharc a Ghost32.uha ghost32.exe (this will create a Ghost32.uha file)
- - Copy this Ghost32.uha file and save it under C:\MyBootCD\CD\HBCD\WinTools\Files
- - Once done copying the Ghost32.uha launch the HBCDCustomizer.exe window and click on "Make ISO" button or browse to C:\MyBootCD and click on “Make ISO.bat” batch file and this will create your new MyHBCD.iso.
- - Final step is to burn this into a CD and test it out.